Saturday, July 21, 2012

PRC Maritime Board Exam- My Brother's Quest

Today marks the first day of my brother's 2-day board examination.



Flash back : Year 2007, it was his first time to visit Cebu City with the goal of getting a college degree. He recently took the examination to become a priest but God has a different plan for him hence he opted to try a different path.
I just can't remember as to where I heard the scholarship program offered by Southwestern University for first year Maritime students but it certainly caught our attention. Though hesitant at first because my brother will be part of a pioneering batch for this program but it sounded a great deal. It will be an in-house arrangement wherein all students will stay in one roof to ensure that they were monitored 24/7.



Yup, it was as a "PMA'ish" kind of training but with them their payment scheme was different since they need to pay their tuition fees once they started their OJT. But it was not an ordinary OJT since all of them boarded an international vessel as promised during their orientation. That promise indeed came into reality. My brother was on board MV Panamax for 1 year. As what I know this cargo vessel carried grains within Asia (Indonesia, India) and Middle East (Oman). Though their still on training my brother received an allowance of USD405 per month which was divided between his school fees, personal allowance and the allocation for my parents. Here's a picture of him on board MV Panamax.



This was not an easy path. Though we're in the same city but I seldom saw him during his college days. Everytime he would go out they still need to get hold of a gate pass, and this "free time" will last not even for a day. But the person who really felt lonely with Beboy's school arrangement at the same time proud that he succeeded in getting his college degree despite all odds is our mother, Mama.

Looking back at this picture that I took during his graduation day one can really feel the mixed emotions of Mama. Well who would not, he's been a loving son and thoughtful brother which is rare nowadays.

While I'm writing this blog Beboy just arrived from his board examination with all smiles since most items that he studied during his review came out. Hopefully same thing will happen tomorrow.



I know God will always bless those who believes in Him and I know my brother, Beboy is one of them and I strongly believe that with God's grace and guidance he will surely pass this examination.



To God be the Glory!




No comments: