Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quick Stop in Dipolog City


Dipolog City can be reached from Dapitan City in less than half an hour by taking a mini bus for only PHP25. This trip was just to enjoy few hours of my time while waiting for my boat ride back to Cebu scheduled at 7pm. 
**Mini buses from Dapitan to Dipolog runs along the main highway. 

After leaving Dapitan City get mesmerized with the vast greenery you can see along the way. Yup, it was my first time hence I had no idea where to drop off in Dipolog. Since I'm used in Bukidnon wherein most of its bus terminals are located in the public market, I waited 'till we entered a busy and crowded part of the city and sighed a sound of relief when I saw the terminal.

Undecided where to go, luckily there were several known food chains in the area such as Greenwich and Jollibee. I opted to go at the latter and took my lunch. Main transportation in the city are tricycles. I hailed one then asked for the attractions that I can visit in Dipolog. Manong driver recommended their public plaza and their famous boardwalk. 

I'm pretty sure that Dipolog is the manufacturer of the famous spanish sardines such as Zaragosa and Montanos. Unfortunately, the main store was closed since it's Sunday. I then went to a department store and bought 6 packs of sardines. Its price was at least PHP20 cheaper per bottle than in Cebu.

Here are some of my pictures taken around the public plaza and at the Our Lady of Most Holy Rosary Cathedral.

Dipolog's Public Plaza and National Road
Our Lady of Most Holy Rosary Cathedral



No comments: